McDonald Refrigeration Inc was founded by Robert McDonald in December 1938. Based in the City of Carmel, the company provided service in the areas of Commercial and Industrial refrigeration.
Due to our fast growth, and also the fact that McDonald Refrigeration was servicing the entire Central Coast area, the company outgrew its quarters and found it necessary to find a new home. Following World War II in 1946 we moved to a new location at 560 Fremont St. in Monterey and soon became the largest Commercial and Industrial Refrigeration Contractor in the Coastal area.
Based out of this location we expanded our operation into the area of Pre-fabricated Insulated Structures and also custom building of refrigeration equipment. At this point and due to the fact that most of the Canneries on Cannery Row either closed or went out of business we negotiated for and leased two large buildings for our continued operation. Our main plant for service and prefabrication was located at 850 Cannery Row. The move to Cannery Row was made in 1955. (Where the Aquarium is now located)
McDonald Refrigeration is currently located in Sand City, CA and is family owned and operated. We still provide service, sales, and installation in Commercial Refrigeration. Our tradition continues with the same great sales and service as we did over 80 years ago. Having long term relationships with our manufactures provides us the ability to get reliable equipment at affordable prices.
We provide sales, service, & installations for Walk-In Cooler/Freezer, Reach-In Cooler/Freezer, Ice Machines, Deli Cases, Meat Cases, Florists Cases, Markets, Rack Systems, Winery Chillers, Industrial produce coolers and freezers, and more. Our skilled technicians are EPA certified and ready to serve you. We take pride in our work and have long term customer relationships.